Garage Door Repair Coatesville
A malfunctioning garage door is not only an inconvenience, but it can also be a safety and security hazard in your home. Therefore, you will not want to hesitate to call on the garage door repair professionals of Coatesville at Garage Door Doctors when you notice the first signs of possible problems. Garage doors have a typical lifespan of 15-30 years, but it is not uncommon to need maintenance and repairs every few years as parts wear out or garage doors take damage from the elements. Whether the problem is a broken garage door opener or a bent garage rail, Garage Door Doctors will be available for a quick and convenient appointment to get your garage door back in working order. Let’s take a closer look at the possible reasons you’d call us for repairs as well as some of the pitfalls that can come along with DIY repairs.
When should you call for garage door repairs?
There are many components in the average automatic door lift system, which means there are several things that can go wrong when it comes to normal garage door operations. Below, you’ll see some of the telltale signs that a component is broken or out of place, so you will always know when to call for repair services.
- The door won’t move. Has your garage door simply stopped moving when you press the opener? The problem may be with the remote opener itself, but there could be larger obstructions to blame if the opener is not the culprit. A sensor obstruction or dents and bends in the garage door track could keep the door from moving, leaving the door stuck open or closed.
- The garage door makes excess noise when operating. Garage doors can be somewhat noisy, but any new squeaks, grinding noises, or thuds should signal a problem. These noises usually indicate that it’s time for some track maintenance with cleaning and new lubricant. In some cases, there may be a bend or kink in the track that is causing added noise as the door moves.
- The door moves unevenly. If the door does not open and close uniformly, there may be a problem with the garage door spring. This spring is under very high tension, so it should not be examined or repaired by anyone but a qualified professional.
Why should you avoid DIY repairs?
Even if you are somewhat handy around the house, it is best to leave any garage door maintenance and repairs to the professionals. Attempting your own repairs could be fruitless because there are so many systems to troubleshoot to diagnose the problem. In addition, certain repairs could include a risk for severe injuries without the right tools and know-how. When your garage door has begun to show signs of wear and tear, look no further than Garage Door Doctors to make sure the job is done right.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Family Owned and Operated
- Extremely Competitive Prices
- Honest Service in Half the Time
- High-Quality Customer Service and Workmanship
- Top-Quality Garage Doors and Garage Door Accessories
- FREE Service Calls and Same-Day Service Available
- We Service & Repair All Garage Door Makes and Models