Garage Door Repair Downingtown
Whether you use your garage for storage, as a workshop, or to house your vehicles, you will want to be sure that this key entry point to your home is functioning at peak capacity throughout its lifetime. Most garage doors will work for 15-30 years before needing replacement, but there may be cause for garage door repairs in Downingtown as your door faces wear and tear from daily use and the harsh elements. When you rely on the Garage Door Doctors for your garage door repair services, you can rest assured that your door will operate safely and reliably for years to come. Keep reading to get a look at why you’ll want to call on us when you need garage door repairs in Downingtown.
Common Garage Door Repair Sites
Automatic garage door lifts require many parts beyond the door itself. If any one component of the lift system is not functioning properly, you may notice a significant change in how the door moves—if it is even moving at all. To familiarize yourself with some of the repairs you might need throughout the years, here’s a look at some commonly repaired components of modern garage doors.
- Tracks – Your garage door moves along a metal track, which is supported by a number of gears and chains. Each of these parts needs to be cleaned and lubricated throughout the life of the garage door, and the track may need repairs if it is ever damaged by wind, impact, or simple wear and tear. As dents and kinks develop in the track, the movement of the door may become uneven or completely halted.
- Springs – Most garage doors have a large center-mounted spring that will regulate the movement of the garage door. If the door is opening or closing unevenly or the door is falling very quickly, the spring may need to be replaced. You should never attempt to repair this spring yourself, because it is under very high tension and requires specialized knowledge to repair or replace.
- Openers – In some cases, a malfunctioning garage door can be caused by something as simple as a faulty opener. To troubleshoot garage door opener problems, try the wall-mounted opener rather than the remote. If one opener is successful and another is not, you might just need new batteries or a new remote to program to your opener.
- Sensors – Garage door sensors ensure that the door operates safely and does not close when items or people are below the door. However, these sensors can be knocked out of alignment, damaged, or obscured over time. These issues can cause the door to stop closing properly.
With Garage Door Doctors, you can expect same-day service for your repair needs so that you do not have to worry about the safety and comfort of your home when the garage door breaks. With competitive pricing, free estimates, and great customer reviews, we are your one-stop shop for garage door repairs, replacement, and new installations in Downingtown.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Family Owned and Operated
- Extremely Competitive Prices
- Honest Service in Half the Time
- High-Quality Customer Service and Workmanship
- Top-Quality Garage Doors and Garage Door Accessories
- FREE Service Calls and Same-Day Service Available
- We Service & Repair All Garage Door Makes and Models